Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Tuesday's Gone” (from One More For The Fans), performed by Gregg Allman

"Tuesday's Gone" is the second track on Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album, (Pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd). It also appears on the band's first live LP, One More From the Road.
Al Kooper adds upfront Mellotron string sounds to the chorus of the song. It's one of a few Lynyrd Skynyrd songs on which Bob Burns, one of the original founding members and drummer, did not play. Atlanta Rhythm Section's drummer Robert Nix played on the studio version. Bob Burns, however, can be heard playing on the demo version from the same session.

In this song, Tuesday is the name of a girl. It's about going away and leaving her behind.
There was a train track near the place where the band rehearsed. The sound of the trains inspired lead singer Ronnie Van Zant to write the first line, "Train roll on, on down the line."
This was Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album. The group was discovered by Al Kooper, a producer and session musician who had previously worked with Bob Dylan, Blood, Sweat & Tears, and The Zombies.
Kooper played some instruments and sang backup on the album, but his contributions were credited to "Roosevelt Gook." On this, he played a synthesizer-like instrument called a Mellotron.
This song appears in a number of films, including Happy Gilmore (where it is used at the beginning and end of the movie), Boys Don't Cry and Dazed And Confused.

Lyrics
Train roll on, on down the line,
Won't you please take me far away?
Now I feel the wind blow outside my door,
Means I'm leaving my woman behind.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
My woman's gone with the wind.
And I don't know where I'm going.
I just want to be left alone.
Well, when this train ends I'll try again,
But I'm leaving my woman at home.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
My woman's gone with the wind.
Train roll on many miles from my home,
See, I'm riding my blues away.
Tuesday, you see, she had to be free
But somehow I've got to carry on.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
Tuesday's gone with the wind.
My woman's gone with the wind.
Songwriters: Allen Collins / Ronnie Van Zant
Tuesday's Gone lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

Comentarios